I love this Caribbean marinade! Full complex flavor for the perfect star of a Caribbean themed menu. Orange juice, lime juice, and white vinegar provides a tangy flavor. This is great to marinate chicken or mix with rice. Keep in the freezer for a quick marinade any night.
1/4 medium onion
2 garlic cloves or 1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp ground sage
2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp white vinegar
2 lime, juice
4 chicken breasts or thighs
1. Chop up all the ingredients into a small dice or whizzed in a blender.
2. Store in the refrigerator or freezer for next use.
Marinate the chicken –
- Marinate chicken for the full batch recipe. Let the chicken sit in the marinade for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roast in a pan or grill the marinated chicken for about 30 minutes until internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
Nutrition per Serving: 343 calories, 49g protein, 5g carbs, 1g fiber, 14g fat, 2g sat fat, 698mg sodium
*Keep in mind that you discard the marinade, so the sodium content will reduce.