This colorful red-orange hue colorful mixture is perfect to make and store in the fridge for awhile. I use it for quick lunches or as a cracker spread for snacks and if I have guests over. The flavor components include: garlic, black pepper, and creamy cream cheese! It’s definitely a go-to quick meal.
Servings 16 (2 Tbsp each)
A pint jar full, 2 cups
3 Tbsp pimentos, canned
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
4 oz Philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, low sodium
1/2 black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt to taste
1. Stir the pimentos and yogurt, or puree them till smooth
2. In a mixer, blend the cream cheese and mozzarella
3. Add the pimento mixture to the cream cheese mixture
4. Add the black pepper, and garlic powder
5. Serve as a dip/spread or smother on bread for a southern cheese sandwich.
Nutrition per Serving (2 Tbsp): 59 calories, 5g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fiber, 4g fat, 3g sat fat, 122 mg sodium