Baked and flaked salmon made from cream cheese and greek yogurt provides a smooth base for this appetizer. Fresh roasted salmon gets folded into the mixture and can be served with crispy crackers or bread.
8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, nonfat
4 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
4 oz fresh salmon*
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Crackers or bread for dipping
1. Preheat 350 degrees F
2. Bake the salmon the day before or the day of for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the salmon. Let cool for 30 minutes in the refrigerator (or overnight).
3. Break into small pieces and “flake.” Have the salmon cooled down as much as you can before adding to the cream cheese mixture so the spread doesn’t melt.
4. Blend the cream cheese and Greek yogurt until smooth and fluffy. Add the chives, lemon zest, black pepper, and salt.
5. Carefully fold in the baked salmon.
6. If there is time, place in the fridge before serving to firm up and develop the flavors.
*Option to use smoked salmon, but the sodium amount will increase
*Option to use Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese, which increases the protein and lowers the fat
Nutrition per Serving (4 Tbsp per serving): 71 calories, 4g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 5g fat, 3g sat fat, 150mg sodium