These chocolate chip cookies are my go-to recipe for quick cookies. I make them as a quick dessert for at home, a get-together, or a dinner party. They are even vegan and whole wheat! These little treats are chewy, rich, and golden brown.
Yields 34 cookies (small size)
2 sticks (8 oz) vegan butter, light (margarine)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp cold water
3/4 cup whole wheat flour*
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream the vegan butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
3. Add vanilla and beat in the cold water.
4. Mix in the two flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Lastly add the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop onto a baking tray and bake 10-12 minutes. I use a commercial #40 purple scoop to get equal cookies. Otherwise roll into balls and eye ball it.
7. This makes a lot of dough so you can keep some in the freezer, which makes for a great snack along with the ability to bake cookies quick in emergencies!
*If these cookies taste too “whole wheat-y” for you, alter the flour ratio to 1/2 cup whole wheat flour + 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
*Keep extra dough you are making in the refrigerator or freezer to have for next time. I like to pre-scoop or pre-roll my dough so I know how many cookies I have left (or….really so it’s easier to bake off next time. I don’t have to scoop it out of the tub.)
Nutrition per Serving: 121 calories, 2g protein, 17g carbs, 1g fiber, 5g fat, 2g sat fat, 103mg sodium
Leave a Reply