Lemony fresh with the zest for life! Great for summertime toppings and baking. This makes a great filling for scones, cakes, or cupcakes, such as vanilla or carrot cake. I also want to experiment with making homemade vegan lemon curd ice cream!
Servings: 16 (2 cups)
1 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar*
6 lemons, juiced & zested
4 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- In a heat-proof bowl, combine the sugar, lemon juice, zest, and eggs.
- On the stove, set this bowl over a double boiler (or use a classic double boiler set up) over medium heat, on a simmer.
- Whisk for about 15-20 minutes until the curd becomes thick; check if it coats the back of a spoon and you can make a line with your finger (nape) and it stays.
- Once the curd is done, stir in the butter.
- Place lemon curd in the fridge once done. It will set and become thicker.
- Good for many uses such as for cake, lemon buttercream, lemon pie, ice cream, parfait, trifle, and a spoonful of goodness!
*I am mixing a ratio of 3 Tbsp sugar to 1 lemon
Nutrition per Serving (2 Tbsp): 93 calories, 2g protein, 16g carbs, 0g fiber, 3g fat, 1g sat fat, 18mg sodium
Leave a Reply