Attending a small New Year’s Eve party? At parties, such as New Year’s Eve parties tomorrow night, there are usually many appetizers to choose from or you’re asked to bring one. I always end up seeing chips and crackers at parties….which some are healthy (whole grain, gluten free, seed crackers, veggie chips) but having an alternative option is unique!
I love creating my own “chips” out of vegetables – cut into thin to medium SLICES
You want the slices to hold the weight of dips or cheeses, especially when roasting some veggies – roast until CRISP
- Sweet Potatoes – bake in the oven 400℉ for 30 minutes. They will come out crisp, great for snacks and putting on toppings/dips. Leave in the oven longer for more crunch.
- Regular Potatoes – do the same thing with your favorite potato
- Beets – bake in the oven 450℉ for 20-30 minutes
- Cucumbers – raw veggies; excellent for dips and cheese
- Endive Leaves – you don’t need to slice and bake these, use the individual leaves as “boats” to carry your appetizer dips, cheese, and proteins OR use in a salad
Bell Peppers – you can cut flat squares from the pepper, so there’s a flat surface vs. slices
Pair vegetable “chips” with cheeses, dips, or proteins! Either prepare everything yourself or tag team with another guest.
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels
Photo by freestocks.org from Pexels
Photo by Jessica Lewis from Pexels
Photo by Damir Mijailovic from Pexels
Leave a Reply