Attending a small New Year’s Eve party? At parties, such as New Year’s Eve parties tomorrow night, there are usually many appetizers to choose from or you’re asked to bring one. I always end up seeing chips and crackers at parties….which some are healthy (whole grain, gluten free, seed crackers, veggie chips) but having an alternative option is unique!
I love creating my own “chips” out of vegetables – cut into thin to medium SLICES
You want the slices to hold the weight of dips or cheeses, especially when roasting some veggies – roast until CRISP
- Sweet Potatoes – bake in the oven 400℉ for 30 minutes. They will come out crisp, great for snacks and putting on toppings/dips. Leave in the oven longer for more crunch.
- Regular Potatoes – do the same thing with your favorite potato
- Beets – bake in the oven 450℉ for 20-30 minutes
- Cucumbers – raw veggies; excellent for dips and cheese
- Endive Leaves – you don’t need to slice and bake these, use the individual leaves as “boats” to carry your appetizer dips, cheese, and proteins OR use in a salad
Bell Peppers – you can cut flat squares from the pepper, so there’s a flat surface vs. slices
Pair vegetable “chips” with cheeses, dips, or proteins! Either prepare everything yourself or tag team with another guest.