Cook a larger batch of a main protein, such as chicken or beef, to make multiple meals with. Keep the seasonings neutral or simple salt and pepper. A super easy meal that can be made in batches and kept in the refrigerator or freezer are soups – use almost any protein cut up or sliced.
- Double or triple the main protein or recipe
- If using the oven, add veggies and potatoes to roast as well – use them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Examples are to cook beef chuck or round in the oven or crock pot. Then use the cooked meat for a pot roast, french dip sandwiches, tacos, over rice pilaf or mashed potatoes, for salads (cubed or sliced), breakfast hash and meat, etc.
- Another example is cooking chicken in the oven or braising on the stove. Use this for simple roasted chicken, add to sauces or casseroles, tacos, enchiladas, cold green salad or chicken salad.
- If available, such as with a pot roast, save any drippings or broth base to use for a cooking broth, make an au jus sauce, or save/freeze.
- Make loaded soups, salads, sandwiches, and wraps with the cooked proteins
- Use the main proteins for multiple meals that week and/or freeze portions of cooked meats in ziploc baggies to keep fresh
Claudio Schwarz | @purzlbaum on Unsplash
Leave a Reply