Let’s celebrate National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day (April 12th)! Bread grilled to perfection and melted cheese, what’s not to love?
Whether you’re making a grilled cheese sandwich for yourself or making one for someone else, we want you to know there are lots of ways to make your favorite comfort food even more special.
Here are some tips and tricks:
• Make your own bread. You know how much better homemade bread tastes than store-bought? And who doesn’t love fresh focaccia?
• Get creative with your toppings! You can mix and match different kinds of cheeses, add veggies or fruit slices, or even use different types of mustard or mayonnaise. The possibilities are endless!
• Serve with soup and salad for a complete meal in an instant.
Take this day to the next level and make personalized sandwiches. Here is our sample recipe for you. We can also help you achieve your ultimate grilled cheese sandwich too! Feel free to connect with us now!
Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup Recipe
Ingredients (4 Servings)
1 1/2 lbs tomatoes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil
½ tbsp tomato paste
4 cups vegetable / chicken stock
¼ cup whole milk
salt & black pepper to taste
fresh basil to garnish
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
2 slices bread per person
1 slice mozzarella cheese
1 slice cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Place the tomatoes in a roasting tray and add the Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sugar and salt. Stir to combine and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the tomatoes are broken down and have started to caramelize.
3. In a large pot, sauté the onions in some olive oil until they are translucent and fragrant. Add the garlic and basil and fry for another minute. Add the roasted tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar. Stir to combine all the ingredients and pour in the stock. Lower the heat and cover the pot. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and blend the soup. Then, add the milk and season to taste.
4. To make the grilled cheese sandwiches, place 1 slice of each cheese to half of the slices of bread. Sandwich with the remaining bread. Butter both sides generously. Cook in a non-stick pan, over medium heat until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are golden brown on both sides.
5. Serve the tomato soup with the grilled cheese sandwiches, garnish with fresh basil.
#personalchef #nutritionist #chef #nutrition #healthy #healthymeals #weeklymeals #specialoccasion #phoenix #nutritionthymerd #mealplan #nutritiontherapy #mealprep #dietplan #healthybody #nutritiousmeals #NationalGrilledCheeseSandwichDay #cheese #sandwich #grilledcheese #tomatosoup #GrilledCheeseSandwichDay
Leave a Reply